SK Government: Next Step Underway For Infrastructure Project Submissions
December 18, 2019
Today, municipalities and other eligible Saskatchewan recipients can begin submitting detailed project applications for two funding streams under the Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program (ICIP). This intake process runs from December 18, 2019 to March 31, 2020.
“We invest in infrastructure to strengthen our communities, to improve our quality of life, and to position this great province for a new decade of growth,” Government Relations Minister Lori Carr said. “To continue those key investments, municipalities and eligible groups can now submit their detailed infrastructure project applications for consideration under ICIP in Saskatchewan. Community leaders are encouraged to work together and consider submitting projects that can serve citizens of a region to maximize infrastructure funding.”
Eligible recipients include:
- First Nations and Métis communities and governing bodies;
- Public sector bodies (such as utility boards);
- Not-for-profit organizations, such as recreation or community associations and boards; and
- For-profit organizations, providing they are working with Indigenous entities and/or municipalities.
The two funding streams now accepting detailed applications are:
- The Green Infrastructure Stream for projects that enable greater adaption, resilience and mitigation to disasters related to climate change; ensure communities can provide clean air and safe drinking water; and decrease the release of pollutants into the environment.
- The Community, Culture and Recreation Infrastructure Stream for projects that improve access and/or quality of community, culture and recreation in communities.
To learn more about this program and to begin the detailed application process, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/ICIP.
An “expression of interest” process occurred earlier in the year to help the provincial government better understand infrastructure priorities and funding demands across Saskatchewan.
Under ICIP, the Government of Saskatchewan secured more than $896 million in federal funding over 10 years to support all types of eligible infrastructure projects in the province.
For more information, contact:
Email: [email protected]