Media Advisory: APTN Reveals Exciting Spring And Summer Programming
APTN REVEALS EXCITING SPRING AND SUMMER PROGRAMMING
April 27, 2017, Winnipeg, Manitoba – Aboriginal Peoples Television Network (APTN) announced its spring and summer 2017 schedule today, featuring a diverse array of content from Aboriginal-language programming to inspiring cultural and musical performances. The new schedule launches on May 1st and is sure to add a little spring to your step.
• Wentworth, Season 5 – Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts-winning drama returns. After leaving viewers in shock at last year’s season finale, the story resumes in the days following Bea Smith’s tragic death at the hands of Joan Ferguson.
• Mechant trip! – APTN’s newest French-language series will be accompanied by an exciting second screen experience to entice users with entertaining behind the scenes show quotes, FaceTime conversations, and selfies. Join a teen boy, Brad Gros-Louis and a different famous Quebecois every episode, in an adventure filled day, fueled by laughter and curiosity.
• Solstice Concerts – Featuring never before seen performances from the 2016 Aboriginal Day Live concert and exclusive backstage interviews with the artists.
• Aboriginal Day Live – Join APTN for National Aboriginal Day and the summer solstice for a spectacular, one-of-a-kind celebration and live concerts from eight stages across Canada.
• Konnected.TV – Join Pakesso Mukash in the Cree-language premiere on his journey into Indigenous cultures across the Americas to find a young generation of “tradition keepers.”
• 2017 lndspire Awards – Celebrate the achievements of 13 First Nation, Inuit and Metis individuals from across the country being honoured for their remarkable achievements and contributions.
Be sure to tune in every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 9:00 p.m. for the colossal APTN Movies lineup. See aptn.ca/movies for the star-studded details!
APTN’s spring and summer season kicks off May 1st. Discover the full programming lineup below, or visit aptn.ca/schedule!
Download The Full Media Advisory