City of Prince Albert: Free Culture Days events are back!
Prince Albert invites you to RE:Imagine the Possibilities of arts and culture in our City during Culture Days! There are approximately 30 FREE events and programs being offered over the four-week national festival from September 24 to October 24.
As with previous years, there are some events that are very popular and showcase the cultural diversity of Canada and Prince Albert. Here are a few highlights:
- Sept 25 & 26 – Tapestrama, hosted at Carlton Comprehensive High School this year. Tapestrama is a perfect example of the diversity, culture, and talent in our city and includes some amazing food booths.
- Sept 25 – Urban Art Tour at Gateway Mall. Watch local artists at work!
- Sept 25 – Community mural project at the Historical Museum
- Sept 29 – Zoom demonstration with Marvel Comic Artist Kyle Charles hosted by Lakeland District for Sport, Culture and Recreation.
- Oct 2- A new event this year is Flamenco Dancing at the Arts Centre
- Oct 4 – A National Sixties Scoop exhibit and film at the John M. Cuelenaere Library.
- Oct 9 – Behind the Scenes Vault Tour at the Mann Art Gallery
- A complete schedule of all the events is available on the Prince Albert Hub Page.
“We recognize the value of arts and culture now more than ever; for our mental health, our connection to the community and our creativity.” said Judy MacLeod Campbell, Arts and Cultural Coordinator for the City. “There are so many great organizations and artists in our city that offer arts and culture opportunities all year long. Culture Days allows us to provide many of these free to try.”
With the current fourth wave of the pandemic, the Culture Days PA Committee is offering a variety of opportunities and have everyone’s safety in mind. We ask that if you are attending an in-person event, to please adhere to the public health measures in place and practice social distancing.
There will be FREE public transit for Culture Days on Saturday September 25.
About Culture Days
Culture Days is a national celebration of arts and culture. Culture Days has become the largest cultural event in Canada, attracting an estimated 2 million annual attendees to thousands of free activities and performances hosted by artists, cultural organizations and municipalities in 355 communities across Canada.
Culture Days in Prince Albert are coordinated by a local committee and funded by SaskCulture, Saskatchewan Lotteries, the Municipal Cultural Action Plan (City of Prince Albert), and the organizations and their funders hosting Culture Days events as noted in the events listing
For more media inquiries please contact:
Judy MacLeod Campbell
Arts & Cultural Coordinator
Phone: (306) 953-4825