Call for Submissions – Poetry Downtown a project in collaboration with Downtown Saskatoon
The City of Saskatoon invites local emerging and established poets to submit poems for the Poetry Downtown project. The theme of the project is Reconciliation.
Poetry Downtown was inspired by a challenge from Parliamentary Poet Laureate of Canada, Louise Halfe, encouraging municipalities to bring poetry to public places. The project is a partnership with Downtown Saskatoon.
Project goals include:
- to enhance and move forward with Reconciliation
- to provide opportunities for artistic expression in the city centre
- to inspire the public through poetry
- to connect the work of local poets to the community
About the project:
- Ten poems will be selected and displayed on 28” x 48” posters in the directory boxes on 3rd Avenue in Downtown Saskatoon
- Poems may be between 10 and 20 lines
- The poems will be on display from October 1, 2022 to May 31, 2023
- The selected poets will be provided with a $250 fee and will receive their poster at the completion of the project
- The call is open to emerging and established poets who are Saskatoon residents
- Poets may submit a maximum of three poems; a maximum of one poem will be chosen per poet
- Selected poems will be designed into a themed poster design
The deadline for applications is September 6, 2022.
For more information on selection criteria and submission requirements, please visit saskatoon.ca/artsandculture.