Programming Contracts Supervisor– Nationwide opportunity
Are you committed to strengthening the Indigenous production community? Are you super organized, love to juggle a variety of tasks, and have a keen eye for details? Do you want to help your team be all they can be? If you said YES, then this is the right opportunity for you!
Highlights of this opportunity:
- Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
- Supervises the work of Contracts Coordinators;
- Provides APTN with guidance on legal issues related to best practices in contracting;
- Drafts original programming legal agreements based on terms negotiated by the appropriate manager;
- Responds to general inquiries relating to contracting;
- Reviews contracts involving distributors and producers and aligns their terms with the terms in SVOD (Lumi) contracts and that of the cable companies;
- May participate in producer/distributor contract negotiations with the appropriate Manager;
- Drafts acquisition content legal agreements (for linear and OTT) after the principal terms of the deal are negotiated and finalized;
- Supports the Deliverables team to ensure contract rights are accurately reflected in MAM, as needed;
- Develops a working understanding of the CRTC broadcast license and other industry standard guidelines;
- Archives documents as needed;
- Gathers data and information for reporting purposes. Prepares reports as needed and assigned.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- A degree in Business Administration or Law and 2-5 years related experience (e.g. Paralegal)
- Contracting, business affairs, and broadcasting knowledge;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience working with an Indigenous organization as well as knowledge of Indigenous cultural perspectives is an asset.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before September 27, 2022.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched – Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: Currently all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.