Title: Grain Sales Associate
Job Requisition ID: 226121
Location: North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada, S9A 2Y8
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
All candidates must complete Cargill’s online application prior to interviewing. To be considered for employment with Cargill, you must apply online and complete the entire application process, along with an e-signature. Please note, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Please submit your application as soon as possible, so it may be reviewed to be considered for the position.
Connect to meaningful work. Feed the world. Achieve your higher purpose.
What if your ideas could nourish the world? As an associate, we transfer your knowledge and skills into profound experiences that positively impact our global community. From food to transportation, your innovative solutions, collaboration and dedication will evolve industries to take on tomorrow’s greatest challenges. And that’s just the beginning. Because when your skills meet our unrivaled network and breadth of opportunity, your career is without bounds. Join our community to realize the impact of your work, help people around the world and connect with something greater
Grain Sales Associate Position:
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain – North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants and biodiesel facilities.
You will participate in a sales training program to prepare you to become a specialist in grain origination and the sale of various grain marketing solutions. To accomplish this, you will train with employees from various job functions to learn how to develop long-term relationships with identified customers, working both over the phone and face-to-face with grain producers on the farm. You will gain hands-on experience by working on various projects in the agricultural sales and marketing area and by shadowing employees from various job functions. As a Grain Sales Associates you will help farmers prosper and improve their return by utilizing Cargill’s full range of products, solve customer problems and create new opportunities. Typically a Grain Sales Associate will be assigned a territory within 12 months.
No matter who you are or where you are, we’ve designed our plans and programs to meet your needs. We want to help you take care of what’s needed for today and offer protection to help with tomorrow’s what-ifs. You’ll have access to a wide variety of flexible and inclusive programs to meet your health, financial, and work/life needs to support you and help you thrive. Eligible programs and incentives include:
- Paid holidays and floating holidays
- Paid time off
- Supplementary health, dental, disability and life benefits package.
- Competitive retirement plans and registration assistance.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing program
- Digital Learning Library
- Access to volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities
- Tuition reimbursement benefits are offered to those who wish to continue their education in their career field.
- Relocation benefits are offered to those who qualify (based on mileage).
Various locations across Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Saskatchewan: Clavet, North Battleford, Moose Jaw, Davidson, Rosetown
- Alberta: Rycroft
- Manitoba: Elva
- Movement from an associate role to an experienced sales position may require additional relocation.
- Frequent travel within assigned region for meetings with customers, prospects and other Cargill personnel. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed.
- Currently pursuing a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Possess a valid Canadian Full Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing, authorizing you to drive independently during the course of your employment
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Ability to contribute, both as part of a team and individually
- Currently pursuing a Diploma or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program with a major in Agricultural Business, Ag Econ, Ag Management or similar agricultural discipline graduating between December 2022 and August 2023
- Ability to relocate to various locations throughout Western Canada
- Previous intern or co-op experience
- Proven ability to tackle problems and make decisions independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with ability to influence decision-making
- Proven leadership skills and experience
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.