Title: Executive Assistant- Atlantic Canada
Location: Atlantic Office Dartmouth, NS or Moncton, NB
Employment status: Permanent full-time
Salary band: $ 46,434 – $58,043/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC), an iconic brand and one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet, is seeking an Executive Assistant- Atlantic Canada to join our Community Health team.
You have a passion for helping others, and want to work with other dedicated individuals? By applying, you are taking a big first step to be part of an exciting organization.
At the Canadian Red Cross, we are guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons to apply, particularly Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, racialized people, and people with diverse gender identities and sexual orientations, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
The incumbent will work with the Vice President (VP), Atlantic, this role has two major functions, provide direct and attentive support and administrative assistance to the VP, Atlantic, and related Leadership Team functions; and provide leadership and oversight on key administrative functions within the geography.
The Executive Assistant will draw upon their experience in executive office administration best practices, process management, document editing, meeting minutes, database administration, document control and program management, along with general office administration. They will be required to develop relationships with executives/senior managers, donors, and both internal/external stakeholders and demonstrated their commitment to professional excellence and the provision of exemplary service.
In collaboration with and in support of the members of the Atlantic Senior Leadership team (SLT), the incumbent will work to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in support of Operations.
In this role, you will:
- Provide direct administrative support to the VP and the leadership team (manage calendar, write and review documents, coordinate meetings).
- Oversee administrative and business operations-related activities in Atlantic (administrative assistance, implementation and improvement of protocols, preparation of reports, dashboard, spreadsheet).
- Support Atlantic leadership team with planning and project coordination to best meet the CRC’s mission and the needs of the region (coordinate all logistical needs, develop and implement projects).
- Promote and participate in the implementation of safe work practices as outlined in their province’s Occupational Health and Safety Act and, where appropriate, conduct safety audits and ensure that corrective action plans are put in place for safety issues and/or hazards.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this job are a college degree in office administration, business or related field with five to eight years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing or coordinating an office environment and experience providing support to a VP or equivalent is an asset.
- Strong writing and communication skills in English and French are essential.
- Intermediate to advanced Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with a CRM database and MS Dynamics AX software, Adobe Acrobat Professional, SharePoint and Smartsheet an advantage.
- Demonstrate experience in gathering data, compiling information, and preparing reports.
Superior time management coupled with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with superb attention to detail and the ability to follow up on outstanding items.
- Professionalism and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive relationships at all levels.
- This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
- Valid driver’s license with willingness to travel within Atlantic Canada. Ability to provide a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Most of the work is performed in an environment which is safe and comfortable, in an office environment or hybrid home/remote office.
- Travel, including overnight, across Canada, may be required.
- Ability to work non-traditional and longer hours often on short notice including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.