The City of Saskatoon’s summer youth centres open for the season on Monday, July 4, 2016. All youth, ages 12 to 16, are invited to drop in for sports and games, listen to music, participate in special events, or hang out with friends in a friendly environment supervised by fun, qualified leaders.
All youth centres are free to attend. Unless otherwise stated, hours of operation are Monday to Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed Monday, August 1, 2016).
Youth Centre Locations:
- Brownell School (274 Russell Road)
- Pope John Paul II School (3035 Arlington Avenue)
- St. Peter Elementary School (202 Sumner Crescent)
- St. Volodymyr School (302 Kellough Road)
Arts Only Youth Centre Location:
An opportunity to express yourself with unique art projects, music, and theatre.
- Albert Community Centre (610 Clarence Avenue South)
Monday to Thursday from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Mè Ta Wè Tàn Youth Centre Locations:
Mè Ta Wè Tàn is the Cree word for “Let’s Play.” These youth centres focus on Aboriginal culture, sports, and heritage. Everyone is welcome!
- St. John School (1205 Avenue N South)
- St. Mary’s Wellness and Education Centre (327 Avenue N South)
- Westmount Community School (411 Avenue J North)
Sports Only Youth Centre Locations:
Lacrosse, basketball, badminton, floor hockey…try them all at the Sports Only Youth Centres this summer.
- Lakewood Civic Centre (1635 McKercher Drive)
Monday to Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., and Friday 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
A chance for youth to learn the game and build skills.
- Briarwood Park Outdoor Court (beside Briarwood Park spray pad)
Tuesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Cosmo Civic Centre (3130 Laurier Drive)
Monday and Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Monday to Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Forest Grove Outdoor Court (beside Forest Grove School spray pad)
Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Optimist Outdoor Court (beside Riversdale paddling pool)
Thursday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Youth are also invited to practise boarding with our skilled skateboard leaders who travel to different sites each day. Equipment is provided or you can bring your own deck. Program runs from July 4 to August 18, 2016.
Skateboard leaders are at the following locations at these hours:
- Charlottetown Park (behind Cosmo Civic Centre)
Tuesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Lions Skate Park (Victoria Park – beside Riversdale Pool)
Monday and Wednesday from 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Morris T. Chernesky Park (beside Shaw Civic Centre)
Thursday from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Umea Park (behind Lawson Civic Centre off Pinehouse Drive)
Thursday from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- W.W. Ashley Park (beside Lathey Pool)
Friday from 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Skateboard sites are open daily from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. For more information, please call 306-975-3378 or visit www.saskatoon.ca/skateboard.