SaskGaming Releases 2019-20 Annual Report
July 8, 2020
In the final weeks of the fiscal year, SaskGaming temporarily closed Casinos Regina and Moose Jaw due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This difficult but necessary choice did not detract from the success of the corporation in 2019-20.
SaskGaming reported a net income of $40.2 million in the 12-month period ending March 31, 2020, as detailed in the corporation’s annual report released today.
“Despite the challenges and uncertainty of COVID-19, SaskGaming made a considerable impact on programs and services in the province,” Minister Responsible for SaskGaming Christine Tell said. “The corporation endowed $20.1 million to the province’s General Revenue Fund to support the First Nations Trust, the Community Initiatives Fund and the Clarence Campeau Development Fund.”
The corporation also declared a dividend of $13.3 million to its shareholder, the Crown Investments Corporation, for the period ending March 31, 2020. Central to SaskGaming’s mandate is supporting the communities in which it operates.
In 2019-20, the corporation’s Community Giving program provided upward of $384,000 to 71 organizations, community projects and events.
“Elevating the guest experience was at the core of Casinos Regina and Moose Jaw’s efforts for 2019-20,” SaskGaming President and CEO Susan Flett said. “This was accomplished through modernization and reinvestment in the casino properties, gaming technology and product upgrades.”
2019-20 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue: $114.1 million compared to $118.6 million in 2018-19.
- Expenses: $73.9 million compared to $73.7 million in 2018-19.
- Income Before Payment to the GRF: $40.2 million compared to $44.9 million in 2018-19.
- Payment to the GRF: $20.1 million (divided equally between the First Nations Trust and Community Initiatives Fund) compared to $22.4 million in 2018-19.
- Dividend to the Crown Investments Corporation: $13.3 million compared to $18.0 million in 2018-19.
2019-20 Operational Highlights:
- Indigenous Representation: 41.2 per cent.
- Guest Satisfaction Score: 72.6 per cent.
- Mystery Shopper Score: 93.0 per cent.
To view a copy of SaskGaming’s 2019-20 Annual Report, visit www.saskgaming.com.
For more information, contact:
Saskatchewan Gaming Corporation