- British Columbia NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- North of 60 NationTalk
New Jordan’s Principle Call Centre at Indigenous Services Canada, will help First Nations children access needed government services
Call centre now open to help First Nations children access wide range of products, services and supports
February 9, 2018 – Ottawa, ON – Indigenous Services Canada
Today, the Honourable Jane Philpott, Minister of Indigenous Services, announced the opening of a dedicated call centre at Indigenous Services Canada to help First Nations children access products, services and supports under Jordan’s Principle.
Jordan’s Principle ensures equity for First Nations children by responding to their unmet needs no matter where they live in Canada. It makes sure all First Nations children have access to the products, services and supports they need, when they need them, including health, social and education. Since July 2016, more than 33,000 requests for supports and services have been approved under Jordan’s Principle, with an approval rate of more than 99%.
The Jordan’s Principle Call Centre provides families with direct access to agents who will start the intake process and connect them to the Jordan’s Principle representative in their area. These regional representatives work closely with local Service Coordinators across Canada. Together, they work to identify and address the needs of First Nations children and improve their health and well-being.
Families of First Nations children who need access to services under Jordan’s Principle are encouraged to contact us through one of the following options:
- Regional representatives directly through the contact information posted on Jordan’s Principle
- Local Service Coordinators – contact information available through regional Jordan’s Principle representatives
- Jordan’s Principle Call Centre:
- English: 1-855-JP-CHILD (1-855-572-4453)
- French: 1-833-PJ-ENFAN (1-833-753-6326)
- Email: InfoPubs@aadnc-aandc.gc.ca
- Teletypewriter: 1-866-553-0554
“The launch of this new Jordan’s Principle Call Centre is an important step in helping First Nations families and children access the services and supports they need, when they need them. Our government has made significant strides in fully implementing Jordan’s Principle, and this announcement today is another example of the work being done to achieve full equality for all First Nations children.”
The Honourable Jane Philpott, M.D., P.C., M.P.
Minister of Indigenous Services
- To help with health, social and education services that are needed right away, the Government of Canada introduced the Jordan’s Principle – A Child-First Initiative in 2016. Under this initiative, $382.5 million was secured as a first investment to immediately address health, social and education services.
- From July 2016 to December 2017, there have been more than 33,000 requests approved for products, services and supports for First Nations children under Jordan’s Principle – A Child-First Initiative.
- Roughly $177 million was made available this fiscal year to help fund much needed products and services to First Nations children. So far, approximately $152 million has been allocated to deliver these vital services.
Office of the Honourable Jane Philpott
Indigenous Services Canada
Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is:
Comments are closed.