2018-19 Another Successful Year For SaskGaming
July 5, 2019
SaskGaming entertained more than 3.2 million guests and reported a net income of $44.9 million in the 12-month period ending March 31, 2019, as detailed in the corporation’s annual report released today.
“SaskGaming is a notable contributor to the overall financial success of our province,” Minister Responsible for SaskGaming Christine Tell said. “Last year, the corporation endowed nearly $430,000 to charitable initiatives, partnered with countless organizations on major events and encouraged employee volunteerism.”
A total of $22.4 million – or half of the corporation’s net income – is directed to the province’s General Revenue Fund (GRF) to support the First Nations Trust and Community Initiatives Fund (CIF). A portion of the funds allocated to the CIF are then directed to the Clarence Campeau Development Fund. The corporation also paid a dividend of $18.0 million to its shareholder, the Crown Investments Corporation.
“Enriching the gaming experience for our guests is vital to the success of the corporation,” SaskGaming President and CEO Susan Flett said. “In 2018-19, we continued to refine our product offerings, modernize our gaming technology and refresh our properties, all of which helped drive guest satisfaction and revenues.”
2018-19 Financial Highlights:
- Revenue: $118.6 million compared to $119.4 million in 2017-18.
- Expenses: $73.7 million compared to $73.0 million in 2017-18.
- Income Before Payment to the GRF: $44.9 million compared to $46.4 million in 2017-18.
- Payment to the GRF: $22.4 million (divided equally between the First Nations Trust and CIF) compared to $23.2 million in 2017-18.
- Dividend to the Crown Investments Corporation: $18.0 million compared to $18.6 million in 2017-18.
2018-19 Operational Highlights:
- Total Guest Count: 3,257,244.
- Guest Satisfaction Score: 75.5 per cent.
- Satisfaction of Emerging Guests: 82.5 per cent.
- Mystery Shopper Score: 96.2 per cent.
- The third annual Charity Championship raised more than $76,000 in donations for charities and non-profit organizations in Saskatchewan.
To view a copy of SaskGaming’s 2018-19 Annual Report, visit www.saskgaming.com.
For more information, contact: