Sports & Recreation Director
The Sports & Recreation Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and integrating plans, projects and activities and performs a variety of administrative, technical and professional work in preparation and implementation of these plans. This fulltime position will manage all recreation facilities and assist with sport, recreation programs in the community, monitor the care and maintenance of any equipment and facilities in the community. The Sports & Recreation Director is responsible for management of all recreation facilities in order to provide clean and safe opportunities for sport and recreation and promote a healthy lifestyle for all community residents
- Ensure recreation facilities are maintained in order to ensure a safe, clean and appropriate environment for recreation activities Main Activities
- Assist with planning and developing sport and recreation programs in order to ensure that activities and events are made available for all community members
- Implement sports & recreation programs to ensure that community members have access to sport, recreation and leisure activities
- Administer sports & recreation programs to ensure that programs are delivered within guidelines and budgets
- Promote recreation and sport programs in order to ensure that residents are aware of available opportunities and activities
- Perform other related duties as required
- Graduation from a four-year college or universityin Kinesiology (Exercise and Sports Studies) or a related field; or any equivalent combination or experience and training.
- 2 year certification from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Ability to communicate effectively to groups and individuals, supervisors, employees, and the general public.
- Skill in the operation of necessary equipment, i.e. computer, word processing, spreadsheet software, and general office equipment
- Ability to be a team player, and demonstrate professional work ethic
- Satisfactory Criminals Records Check due prior to work start; and,
- Valid class 5 Drivers License and drivers abstract;
CLOSING DATE:Will remain open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY:Submit your detailed cover letter, resume and references via email, mail, fax or in person to:
Linda Okanee, Director of Operations
Thunderchild First Nation
Box 600 Turtleford, SK. S0M 2Y0
Phone: 306.845.4300 ext. 295Fax: 306.845.3230