HERE WE GROW AGAIN!
LOOKING FOR DYNAMIC INDIVIDUALS TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Oya:na Program Coordinator and Facilitator
Contract Position: (40 Hours per week; 18 months or until September 30, 2019)
Location: Various locations across southern Ontario Daily travel to out of town training sites requires commute
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board (NPAAMB) will facilitate the training of Aboriginal youth in our lifeskills development as part of our core delivery of programs in 10 week cohorts.
The Coordinator and Faciliator, under the direction of the Program Manager, will work as part of a team in a fast paced environment with the main responsibility to deliver in-class course curriculum to achieve learning objectives and outcomes as outlined in lesson plans and; coordinate the program delviery logistics related to but not limited to: transportation, hospitality, service agreements with third parties, program planning.
The Coordinator and Facilitator will provide instructional support and delivery and curriculum development assistance that aligns with NPAAMB’s long term strategic plan, the core values of the organization and the Contribution Agreement between NPAAMB and the funders.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Degree or diploma in Social Services, Education: Aboriginal Adult Education or Community Development and 3 – 5 Years’ experience group facilitation or;
- Ontario Teaching Certificate registered with OCT and at least 3 years teaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of relevant cultural traditions and Indigenous history
- Experience delivering group based learning modules related to life skills development; personal development; soft skills/employability skills; job readiness, academic upgrading (an asset)
- Experience developing and working with lesson plans
- Experience working with youth ages 15-30
- Clear criminal record check/ acceptable vulnerable sector check
- Valid drivers license and access to insured, licensed automobile
All applicant are encouraged to request job description. For complete job description please contact email@example.com
Please send via mail (must arrive by deadline) or email your resume with three (3) work related references to:
Shari St. Peter, Executive Director
Niagara Peninsula Aboriginal Area Management Board
50 Generations Drive, 2nd Flr, Box 9
Ohsweken, Ontario N0A 1M0
Closing Date: Friday March 30, 2018 by 12:00PM sharp
Start Date: April 23, 2018
The successful candidate will provide a recent copy of their CPIC and are subject to a vulnerable sector CPIC clearance as a condition of employment.
The personal information submitted for employment is collected under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment. We thank you for your application, but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. An Equal Opportunity Employer