Under the direction of the Home Care Manager/Nurse, the Home Health Aide is responsible for providing personal care and home management services to assessed Home Care clients within an established care plan to Thunderchild First Nation residents within the policies & procedures of Thunderchild Health Services and in accordance with the “Saskatchewan First Nations Home & Community Care Program Guidelines”; and electronically input homecare statistical data to meet home care funding reporting.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Personal care & home management tasks to assessed clients as per care plan;
- Respite care for caregivers (limited);
- Escorting clients to medical appointments, where necessary;
- Weekly Wellness Day – participating screening & management, plan and coordinate weekly Wellness Day lunch menu
- Maintenance of complete and accurate daily/weekly/monthly records and documentation pertaining to client care services and administration.
- Electronically input data into reporting templates for health funding agreement requirements;
- Translation of medical terminology into understandable terms clients will understand
- Performance of other related duties as assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL SET
- Continuing Care Aide Certificate
- Clear Criminal Record check
- Medical report confirming physical capability to complete some arduous tasks as required
- Valid Class 5 Saskatchewan driver’s license
- First Aid/CPR certification, or willingness to obtain in a timely manner
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of computer programs
- Ability to work independently and to think critically
- Be a participating member of a multi-disciplinary team with a focus on holistic health
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to maintain professionalism & confidentiality
- Previous work experience in home care, mental health, chronic disease or long term care is an asset
- Training in Complementary Therapies is an asset
- Ability to speak &/or understand the language and Cree culture is an asset
Director of Operations
Thunderchild First Nation
Phone: 306 845 4300 ext 295